Wednesday, May 25, 2005

GUYS, LISTEN TO YOUR WIVES!

I have a close buddy who had known my missus for a long time.

His favorite advice each time he sees me is 'Listen to your wife!' because he knows that I blurt out silly comments often, only to regret it later.

This morning, wifey commented that the Balled and Chained post was a bit too 'hamsab', just as Norzu noted in Nihongo, 'sukebe'.

Wifey said I should tone down and not write for my 'silent' buddies who enjoy 'shimo neta' (jokes based on the lower portion of the anatomy).

The conversation swiftly moved to the worsening Japan-China relationship and Koizumi's persistence in worshipping the Yasukuni Shrine.

Before I realized it, I was about to go against Rule number seven in marriage ala thquah... the person who is in the wrong is the one who talks the most...

Well you see, when I want to win an argument, I deliver rapidly in English...

Wifey dashed towards me from the kitchen sink area, stapled my upper and lower lips tightly with all ten fingers, preventing me from further yakking.

I quickly recalled rule number four... if there is someone who has to win an argument, let it be your mate...

Immediately, peace prevailed and I proceeded with my cheese toast and banana cake with hot chocolate... and plain yogurt with dry fruit toppings...

Ok guys, can't do much about that Japan-China fling, but probably no more shimo neta from now on... and Listen to your wives!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/26/2005

    "Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all."

    ReplyDelete
  2. mudskipper my friend... did that for all the battles we engaged in, but experimented (unintentionally lah) just once by going to bed without settling the issues... could not sleep the whole night... rolled to left, rolled to right... and back again... woke up next morning feeling just as terrible the night before... now ah, all scores settled before hitting the sack, sweet goodnight kiss, warm and loving huggo, and peace be upon us while we dream...

    AK... laughed like k**k, man... but same thing on women? Perhaps not eh... through my experience at least with students, girl students are much much more active, intelligent, motivated, and have initiative...
    As a good friend, now a mother of four kids, says 'men are soooo booorrriiing...'
    Think I am going get murdered by some men now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, i wish to have a girlfriend first, haha! But at the moment i will just stick to your advice, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOW... seeking for a girlfriend is also an enjoyable process... have fun and play it safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeslah my guide did work for you.Must belanja me sake soon.Then I will belanja you my nasi lemak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr Quah... barter trade ah? can can...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5/26/2005

    Thought for the day (From local newspaper)

    1. "I wear the pants in my family. My wife, however, picks them out."

    2. "A happily married man is one whose personality remains unchanged whether his wife is with him or not."

    3. "When we got married, I told my wife, 'Honey, you stick to the washin', ironin', cookin' and scrubbin' -- no wife of mine is gonna work!"
    I was just curious how long it was until he could see out of both eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5/27/2005

    I learned one thing for living with my girlfriend for 3 years. You can never tell or show your true self to your wife because if u do it too much she will leave eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AK... in summer, I wear sarong to sleep... the you-know-what hangs loose and feels very comfy

    Mark... yeap, every one has some dark secrets hidden somewhere... even the ladies, dare I say?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Smart advice. I notice that the longer we are married, the less we have to argue. Probably, must have ironed out everything in the first, few, difficult years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lilian.. agreed maximum leh... One other thing is, it consumes quite a bit of energy and time resources to engage in arguing over mundane matters... too high an opportunity cost...

    ReplyDelete
  12. interesting message here, though it was almost seven years that i only come across now. so wonderful a real man you are. i shud let him read what you wrote. thanks n god bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. shud add in the comment, i really giggled as i read along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am happy that you enjoyed reading this post... ;)

      Delete