Wednesday, May 25, 2005

GUYS, LISTEN TO YOUR WIVES!

I have a close buddy who had known my missus for a long time.

His favorite advice each time he sees me is 'Listen to your wife!' because he knows that I blurt out silly comments often, only to regret it later.

This morning, wifey commented that the Balled and Chained post was a bit too 'hamsab', just as Norzu noted in Nihongo, 'sukebe'.

Wifey said I should tone down and not write for my 'silent' buddies who enjoy 'shimo neta' (jokes based on the lower portion of the anatomy).

The conversation swiftly moved to the worsening Japan-China relationship and Koizumi's persistence in worshipping the Yasukuni Shrine.

Before I realized it, I was about to go against Rule number seven in marriage ala thquah... the person who is in the wrong is the one who talks the most...

Well you see, when I want to win an argument, I deliver rapidly in English...

Wifey dashed towards me from the kitchen sink area, stapled my upper and lower lips tightly with all ten fingers, preventing me from further yakking.

I quickly recalled rule number four... if there is someone who has to win an argument, let it be your mate...

Immediately, peace prevailed and I proceeded with my cheese toast and banana cake with hot chocolate... and plain yogurt with dry fruit toppings...

Ok guys, can't do much about that Japan-China fling, but probably no more shimo neta from now on... and Listen to your wives!