Wednesday, February 02, 2011

New toy: Daihatsu mini truck aka 'The Grasshopper'

Note: I would like to thank My Little Potted Garden for giving this blog the Stylish Blogger Award... I am humbled by this gesture and am very grateful... But before I accept the award, I need some time to think about what blogs to nominate for the award (condition # 3)...


Now for the main story...
Yes, the mini truck came a few days ago...
From the look of it, why not the nickname 'Grasshopper'... no?
Its sole (or primary) purpose is to carry logs and wood for the stove...

Yes, a cool blue Grasshopper...
I must say that the mini trucks I have seen so far are all white in color... as in 99% white?

The Grasshopper is 660 CC...
Carrying capacity is 350 kilograms...
It is a manual car, which is just what I have been looking for...

It is 13 years old now...
Borned in the 10th year of the Heisei era (1998?)...
And, can you believe that it is a 'part-time' 4WD?
Woah, I am ready to roll with the Grasshopper...

12 comments:

  1. Look brand new. :)

    Have fun wit the cute grasshopper. :)

    And oh, Happy CNY to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think 'Grasshopper' is a perfect name for this mini-truck. I like the blue color and I must admit that it looks like new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lina... you are quite right about its looking brand new... the previous owner must have handled it with much care... likewise, if you celebrate the event, Happy CNY to you too!

    George... ok, 'Grasshopper' it will be then... blue has always been my color of choice, as in bike, helmets, jeans, etc... Grasshopper has clocked only 41000 kilometers through its 13 years of operating... I am grateful to the previous owner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Malaysia, maybe it will be classified as a 'Recon car', just like the Honda Accord and Mercedes. If your truck is painted army green, and fixed with some radio antennas, it will definitely look like a grasshopper.

    Ah, your story makes me think of going into the woods to search for firewood, just like those fairy tales, haha. Besides the logs, this truck will be very useful for carrying your darling wife, Y's groceries, your garden produce and picnic/camping items. Very useful indeed.

    Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AB... our neighbor has invited us to come along to the woods to cut trees for firewood this Saturday... it will be our first foray into such an activity and I am excited about it... maybe I can catch a glimpse of a fairy amongst the woods?
    Oh, you are absolutely right about the potential usefulness of the Grasshopper... my tialingu Y and her groceries, and garden stuff life cowdung, dry leaves, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The head has the shape of a grasshopper which is one of my favourite subject in photography.

    Happy Chinese New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. rainfield61... Got to check out your photos on the grasshopper then...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lrong San

    First it was the horse (CRV) and now the grasshopper.

    When I saw the post I thought why does he need a truck now?

    KONG HEE FATT CHOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear CurryMee san... danke for your comments... if we assume the 'Horse' to be (or almost to be) like a full service airline, then the 'Grasshopper' is but a low cost carrier... it is not really 'Bronco Billy' but close...
    Likewise Braddaaa, KONG HEE FATT CHOY to you and your gang!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I read your title, I thought, indeed like a grasshopper from my backyard. Should be damn cheap in Japan, right? Useful lorry for carrying things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cars are cheap in Japan, compared to Malaysia...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice blog i love this car.
    Daihatsu

    ReplyDelete