Saturday, February 05, 2011

Dovre 760 Woodstove makes appearance...


These were the beans I that I threw (into my mouth) to ward off the red devil (in the background) during the Bean Throwing Festival...
Folklore dictates that we should eat the same number of beans to match our age...
So if you are 52 like yours truly, you eat 52 beans...

Rainfield61 apparently consumed a lot of goodies during the Lunar New Year...
We had just the tomato-based squid spaghetti (one of my all-time favorites)...


Went to Tokyo to attend a seminar...
On the return leg, bought 8 packets of 'omiyage' (gifts)...
Had never bought so much omiyages in my life at one go...
As mentioned, very friendly neighbors we have...
So, why not a gift or two to them as a token of our goodwill?


Yes, while I was in Tokyo, the wood stove professionals came to finish off the installation...
Missed the maiden 'trial' run of the stove...
Apparently, we need to 'season' the stove by controlling the burning...
The stove must be heated up to a certain temperature over a span of time, and be allowed to cool down completely...


The neighbor who gave us the truckload of logs was as excited as us...
So, with his wife, they came along today, wine bottle in hand, and a wheelbarrow full of dried logs...
Oh my... what a delight...
And he had invited me to join him to cut wood tomorrow...


The third 'seasoning' burn...
So good to feel the raw heat...
while gazing at such a beautiful flame...