Sunday, May 23, 2010

First try at oatmeal cookies

Today is such a rainy day... and such strong winds...
There was no way I could go out into my field to work.
So, I spent the day streamlining my blogs... housekeeping, so to say.
In between breaks, I asked my missus to teach me how to make oatmeal cookies.
I love those cookies... especially when they are homemade... no white sugar, no unnecessary additives...

The ingredients are, roughly...
oatmeal 50 grams
brown sugar 60 grams
vegetable oil 30 grams
wheat flour 100 grams
baking soda 1 small spoonful
milk 30 grams

My missus dished out all the ingredients, and under heavy supervision, I mixed the concoction with a fork, making sure that it is not over-done and hence, sticky...
The mixture was divided into 24 little 'balls', and we used the fork to press them down to shape.
The first 12 was done by my missus and the second 12 by me...
We then baked them in the toaster oven for about 15 minutes...
When baked, we put a little rum on each and everyone of them, and hoola...

7 comments:

  1. nice looking cookies u have there...btw, im going to tokyo and osaka this coming june, any advise especially on cheap accomodation :)
    Good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do not mind sharing rooms, try the youth hostel in Tokyo and Osaka. Rates are economical, plus you get to meet interesting people and share stories simply due the fact that you are sharing rooms... I have enjoyed my stays at such places, to a large extent...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies look yummy. Bet they taste great too.

    Hello Professor, how are you? Trust all's well. When I read 'the field' nice images of your garden's produce come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am slowly gnawing on them, bit by bit, cherishing the sweetness... all's well here, thank god for that, and the garden is doing quite nicely...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5/25/2010

    No eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5/25/2010

    I'm sure you have read this:
    http://freemalaysiatoday.com/fmt-english/opinion/comment/5102-what-the-chinese-want

    What do I want? Oatmeal cookies!!
    (SM)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nope, no eggs in our cookies... our quota for egg consumption one boiled egg per day (breakfast), which means to say, each of us eat only half egg per day...
    Yeap, certainly read that interesting article... had to suppress my urge to write my own version of what I want as a chinaman bolehlander...

    ReplyDelete