Saturday, January 14, 2006

I REFUSED TO BE SLAUGHTERED... Part 2

But my appetite for that thorny stuff was not to be satiated...

The rain poured and poured as the thunder rolled and rolled...

The clock ticked past 7:30 pm...

My thoughts turned to how in the world we were going to return to the hotel to catch the taxi bound for KLIA at 8:00 pm...

Monorail?

Taxi?

Or, a walk through the downpour?

I flagged a taxi in the rain...

Ten ringgit, the taxi man demanded...

What? I almost exclaimed...

Man, how about using the meter?

Minutes later, I flagged down another taxi...

'Ten ringgit', the taxi man demanded as if on cue...

I waved him off and pondered my options momentarily...

Was getting a bit undecided on whether to flag down a third taxi...

Because... on reflex, I might just punch the next unscrupulous-scoundrel of a taxi man in the nose the moment he mumbled the number 'ten'...

Although ten ringgit is nothing to shout about, I was in no mood to be slaughtered...

Just then, the rains weakened and we embarked on our first steps toward the hotel...

At the KLIA MAS check-in counter, a cute looking staff offered to upgrade us to business class...

Woaaahh...

But, she suggested that I put on a long sleeve shirt over the very cute fish tee shirt I was wearing...

Why, I inquired...

And the cute lady, 'Oh, because you are going to sit in the business class...'

We walked towards some chairs in the far end...

Welcoming my eyes was a scene of local-looking people sleeping on chairs purposely arranged as beds...

They didn't appear to be air travelers to me...

I changed into my not-so-cute long sleeves and headed towards the tram for the international terminal...

Part 1 here...

No comments:

Post a Comment