Monday, January 09, 2006

LONG NIGHT @ KLIA... Part 2

We returned to the gate, only to find it changed...

Waiting past midnight, we suddenly saw the flight and cabin crew leaving the plane...

Several agitated passengers rushed toward the sleepy girl at the counter, demanding for an explanation of the situation...

But, an explanation was the furthest thing she could furnish in her comatose state...

Meanwhile, no other staff apparently dared to present themselves at the counter...

So when MAS told us that the flight was further delayed indefinitely (the monitor merely said, 'Re-timed'), many of us growled uncontrollably...

At about 1:30 am, MAS announced the cancellation of the flight...

I was already limp... no... dead from the exhaustion of the long day...

MAS was finally going to put us in a hotel...

I was dead wrong thinking that we could just walk towards a waiting bus for the hotel...

Instead, me and some passengers who chose to reclaim our checked in bags were forced to walk all the way to the furthest baggage conveyor...

I couldn't help blurting out to the MAS staff that all these maneuvers were designed to torture us to the maximum...

At 3:30 am, we finally reached Holiday Inn at Shah Alam...

Nice hotel... I must say...

A super-quick shower and 4:00 am it was when I hit the pillow...

Breakfast at 8:00 am was very good, I must admit...

Siew mai and char siew pau without pork... pretty delicious...

While waiting to board the bus, a fellow traveler, a young man, pulled me to a corner and said...

Your fly is open...

Aaarrrggghhh... shy, shy...

Once seated, we laughed wryly at the bus driver who chose to play the song 'Don't worry... be happy...'

Yeah, right... I almost sang along...

At KLIA, we decided to fly to Langkawi instead, after calling the Penang hotel to be erroneously informed that our friend was not checked in...

Took the ferry and found my brother waiting for me at the Kuala Kedah terminal...

See Part 1 here...

No comments:

Post a Comment