Friday, January 20, 2006

WE ARE OUR FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE

Received the following email which I shall reproduce word for word, minus the identity of the sender...

Dear Dr. Lrong Lim,

Hi, I am actually 'YYYYY' who posted comments in your blog. Chose to send you this email cause it didn't had anything to do with your blog but has something to do with Kedah. Sungai Petani actually. There's has been a terrible rape case in Taman Ria Jaya, 25 years old female UUM graduate in accounting, was supposed to go to Germany next week on official business. She was jogging at the time but ended up dead by the roadside.

Now my friends are asking me "woah...SP so scary one ar...". The image is deteorating. Remembered last time there was a case in Hosp. Sg. Petani that there was a stolen baby? Caused a real stir in Malaysia that time. Police found out that it was actually a nurse from the hospital who took it. shish....that really didn't help improve sp's image either. Seems like the more developed the place is more crimes are going to be committed.

Sometimes I feel really ashamed coming from SP. People used to talk about nice things about here. Now it's the reverse...I used to bear some northern pride in myself when I tell people where I come from. Looks like I will have to move away from SP. Aie...

Well, just wanted to share this thought of mine with you Sir. Hope you don't mind.

Cheers

Regards,
'YYYYY'



I feel really sad to read this kind of news.

That it happened in Kedah... just adds to the pain...

The police apparently arrested 6 suspects.

Fat hopes maybe, but I sincerely wish to see the police and the court would do a fair job at delivering justice.

At the same time, we must all remember that we have the responsibility ourselves, as well as the control and the means to at least minimize the chances of harm being done on us...

We are our first line of defense, my dear friends...

We should try not to make ourselves vulnerable...

Not to make ourselves 'easy targets'...

In other words, folks... let's think 'SAFETY'...

By all means, go jogging... go hiking...

But why go alone?

Why not go with someone?

At least with two or more people jogging or trekking, those rascals may think twice...

In the meantime, my deepest condolences go to the family of Ms. Chee Gaik Yap...

She had the world laid on her feet...

May she rest in peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment