Monday, January 10, 2011

On track for wood stove

Considering that we are in the middle of winter, I must say that the sky today was 'bluer' than blue...
The temperature was a chilly 3 degrees, yet I could not resist myself from going outside...
The picture above shows our house on the left, and the Japan Inland Sea on the right...
The foreground is our potager...

I saw this pile of wood at an open field...
Someone had chopped down some trees and had left the wood there...
The police box was just beside and I asked the officer...
Immediately he offered to call the land owner for me...
How kind...

So there... my very first pile of firewood...
Yes, I am already in the wood stove mode...
We have asked a dealer to come and look at our house...
And I am happy to learn that the shop can fix one for us...
Wooh... am certainly looking forward to this new 'toy' although I must say that collecting wood might just turn out to be a chore...

Dovre 640 Cast Iron Stove is what we are looking at...











Picture sourced from here.

2 comments:

  1. I love your little farm. I wish I had your green fingers.

    Stooi

    ReplyDelete
  2. danke braddaa... give it a try... i am sure you will be surprised...

    ReplyDelete