Tuesday, October 17, 2006

ON-THE-JOB TRAINING, STILL...

No kidding...

Took me ten years to come out of the classroom with a feeling that I have done a pretty good job 'teaching'...

I cherish walking right up to the students' faces, prodding and nudging them with questions...

I derive much pleasure from this interactive mode of 'teasing' the students...

Well, self-satisfaction, you could say...

But looking at the almost instant response from a rather large group of students remaining after the class to ask questions, yours truly couldn't help grinning from ear to ear yesterday...

Job satisfaction, I'd say?

The topic... Migration into Japan: its possibility and problems...

The class is big... almost 150 students and some latecomers had to sit on chairs taken in from classrooms...

My thoughts are thrown back to an interview I conducted with a company man while a doctorate student...

I asked the man how many years it would take for him to be considered a skilled worker...

His response... 15 years...

Man, I still have five more years to grind before I can scrape past that hurdle?

No comments:

Post a Comment