Monday, October 02, 2006

JAPAN INLAND SEA, SCUBA DIVED...

Finally, scuba dived at our back yard...

Last Saturday morning, after the usual full breakfast, we geared up and descended into the sea...

We wanted to test our new regulator and buoyancy control device that we just bought from Malaysia...

Man, was the sea gloomy or what...

Visibility was, let's say, a meter...

Water temperature was 26 to 27 degrees...

Our first dive lasted 29 minutes...

Maximum depth, 7.3 meters...

So, what did we see?

At seven meters, nothing but gray matter... 

The sunrays could not even reach this depth...

At one spot, I could not even see the readings on my computer...

Ascended to about three to four meters; a couple of starfish, little gobies that are not that colorful and some baby kelpfish come to view...

After a short surface break, we went for the second dive using the same tank...

Three minutes into the dive, my buddy signaled me...

Her regulator was sending her air even as she was not demanding it...

She switched to the octopus as we watched the regulator free-flowed a few seconds...

Nevertheless, this dive was a little better...

We saw some rocks with seaweed and fishes hiding in the cracks...

'Interesting' sea life included a twenty-centimeter puffer, a starfish bigger than my stretched palm, some fishes that quickly darted away upon seeing my torch...

We ascended after 27 minutes...

I am game to go again but my buddy says 'no more diving here'...

Hmmm... I shall have to think of ways to 'con' her into diving the 'interesting' Japan Inland Sea again...

No comments:

Post a Comment