Friday, September 29, 2006

AUTUMN DAYS IN JAPAN

Aaaah, early autumn in Japan...

I just love it...

The skies, so cloudless and blue...

The air, pleasantly dry and cool...

And the seas, so calm and glass-like...

I feel high... pretty high I must say... to have sailed this way...

The last time I felt so consistently high was in 1996... ten years ago...

That was when I successfully 'defended' my doctorate thesis...

Haaaa... could have 'died' halfway through the program...

Plus, I got a job at my current university that year...

Then, ten years before that in 1986...

I went through a similar high getting balled-and-chained to my sweeto-haato while swearing in front of a Texas County Judge with my closest pals standing in as witnesses...

The floating-floating feeling continued till I graduated from Texas Tech University a month later...

Hmmm, now I wonder... what awaits me in 2006-plus-ten years from today...

No comments:

Post a Comment