Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fishing, one May afternoon...

(Actually put up this post on 12th, but Blogger bunked me out for some unknown reasons...)

We moved to this hamlet almost 6 years ago...
Had always wanted to go fishing but there is just so much stuff to do in the house and garden... stuff with rather 'high' priority...

 There is a really good fishing spot less than 10 minutes walk away from our house...
The day was beautiful... the air cool and nice...
Used some earthworms from my potager as bait, but no bite...
Changed to a 'wharf roach' which I could catch from the rocks...
And whoallaa... a greenling fish!
It measured about 20 centimeters...
Took it home and had my missus cooked it for me...
Urmmm, super fresh and super delicious...
Then, I noticed the low tide on the way home from work...
I'd never seen the tide going so low, so I thought to myself...
What a good opportunity to go hunting for mussels?
Did just that... and came home with 11 of those morsels...
My sweeto haato cooked spaghetti with them, on top of some seaweed and kelp that I harvested from the sea...
Woooh, lovely... 
While waiting for the fish to bite, I took pictures of boats passing my view...
This fishing boat was in business right in front of my eyes...
Each day on my way to work, I pass by this dockyard...
Always find myself enjoying, looking at the bottom of the boats coming in for repairs...
While we are at it, two kilometers from our house, on the way to work, lies a pond...
And for the first time, a Common Moorhen family with six chicks...
I was glued... and I knew I'd returned with my camera... 




And one for the road...
Muffins with vinegered prunes...
Home-made... oooh