Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Noodles, I love...

Weekend lunches are normally noodles for me...
While I occupy myself in the field
my missus keeps busy with the noodle preparation...
This is a somen-soba combination
With lots of vegetables such as mitsuba (picked from the hills)
carrots, onions, and tofu
Meatless, it was... slurp... urmm...
Another meatless concoction in yellow noodles...
with loads of veges...
bean sprouts, mitsuba, preserved plum, kimchi
carrots, mushroom, snow peas...
Sometimes, we go for fried noodles...
This time it is yakisoba with prawns, lemon balm
onions, mustard greens, green beans..

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/21/2010

    Haha! Thought you have gone totally vegetarian until I scrolled down and saw the prawns. Healthy food! What stock did you use for the first two noodle dishes? Mentsuyu?
    (The Alice who doesn't live next door)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice... actually can turn vegetarian anytime now... am very much into veges although seafood is still in the menu... the stock? probably mentsuyu it was...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh...please...please...please give us the recipe... Sir, you've caused a commotion in my tummy and I'm holding you responsible!hehe... Are the ingredients available in Malaysia too? The mentsuyu?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just asked my missus... actually, no recipe, she says... just ad-hoc, depending on what is in the fridge that day... think mentsuyu is sold in the stores (Isetan?) in Malaysia...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/07/2010

    看起来比中国还好吃!good~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your comment... (even though I cannot read Chinese...)

    ReplyDelete