Thursday, May 10, 2007

CLOWN, SWEETLIPS, ANTHIAS, TRIGGER, NUDI

More pics from the dive trip at Roach Reefs...

An old pal asked about the 'equipment' used...

Been using Olympus C5050 for years, with just the internal strobe...

Considered purchasing an external strobe but the thought of the extra baggage continues to put me off...

No doubt, if armed with the external strobe, the shooting range will certainly be enhanced...

But for time being, I shall focus on taking pictures rather than to think of accessories...

The key to taking good pics, I believe, ahem... is to know one's equipment, more precisely, what the equipment is good for and its limitations...


My buddy and I love these guys... the anemone fish a.k.a. nemo...

Who doesn't, anyway...

These two, I believe, are pink anemone fish... correct me if I am mistaken...


This guy was hovering just beside me as I was taking pics of some shrimps on a late afternoon dive...

What a friendly fellow...

I believe this is a blackspotted sweetlip... again, correct me if I am wrong...

Size was about 40 centimeters...


Ah... anthias... one my favorite small fishes to watch...

They are very energetic and a lot of a patience and luck is needed to shoot them...


The currents were coming in strong...

Fishes fleeted about... looking for places to hide...

Was then surprised to see fish tails lying on the sand...

I thought these were blue tangs but after consulting the books, perhaps there were a type of triggerfish (red-tooth maybe?)


Nudibranches remain a favorite photo subject...

A dive site site could be just rubble, but upon closer observation... hoolaaa...

This is supposedly a common specie although I do not get to see them often...

They go by the meaningless name of 'Caloria indica'... and is recognized by the orange head with white and yellow markings, and 'cerata' (those horn-like stuff on the torso?) with blue and red markings...

No comments:

Post a Comment