Monday, September 12, 2005

TUNICATE CRAB IN TIOMAN



I wonder why these are called Hermit Crabs.

Would have liked to call this guy, Tunicate Crab instead.

The only other time I saw such a crab was in Manado, also on a night dive.

This crab camouflages itself by carrying something on its shell, in this case, tunicates...

Pretty, pretty, little, light blue tunicates...

The one I saw in Manado carried a rather ugly beige colored sponge on its shell.

This one was on the move as our torches caught it...

I took this shot with my head positioned over my extended torso and limbs, shooting from below, upwards...

The magnitude of the tunicates was about the size of a human head, and the crab, the size of a clenched fist...

Location: Panuba Inn House Reef, Tioman, on a night dive

No comments:

Post a Comment