Wednesday, September 14, 2005

CONFESSION

Something must have happened during my last vacation back home.

I feel it, but I am unable to tell what exactly that is.

The reason is...

Yes... I have a confession to make.

That is, I don't feel like working.

I have lost the 'fire', the motivation to sweat it out...

Why?

I already have a house... quite pretty but a humble one at that...

Some savings... not much but perhaps sufficient to last a few days...

I am 47 and I want to relax for the rest of my life...

I don't need much nor do I have expensive desires...

I don't smoke...

I don't womanize... (I think...)

And I don't go to the races...

I don't crave for fancy clothes or designer wristwatches...

I get high on just one glass of beer...

I avoid pachinko or any form of gambling...

Except possibly the occasional stock investments...

Golf is certainly not my idea of fun...

And baseball turns me off like a switch...

All I want for the rest of my life is three modest but sumptuous meals a day...

A little land space to do vegetable and herb gardening for my sweetheart...

And, as I mentioned to Geauxpottery...

Four or five scuba diving holidays a year at top spec destinations???

Heheheeheeee...

Hmmmm...?

I am requesting for too much?

So I asked my better half...

Can I quit my job and start goofing off from today?

She let out an instant piercing shriek...

Komarimasu!! (We will be in trouble!!)

Oops, sorry!

So, I limped back to my office...

Tail neatly tucked in between my legs...

But... I still wonder...

Now, what was it that happened during my last vacation back home?

No comments:

Post a Comment