Thursday, June 16, 2005

EXTENDING YOUR LIFELINE

Spent the later half of last night slapping my ears, cheeks, and legs trying to squash that irritating helicopter-mosquito...

Woke up feeling groggy and horrors of horrors... slipped into a verbal wrestling match with my sweetheart over who invited that helicopter inside...

**Couples... they argue over the tiniest and most inconsequential of things**

Wasted 30 minutes of precious morning time...

Cursed and kicked myself silly for that...

But, made up immediately... ***kiss kiss, hug hug, ooh ooh***

Score: piptee-piptee...

While we are on the medical check up mood, have any of you folks tried to look at your palms and the so-called lifeline?

Mine is actually rather short... and disjointed at places...

Years ago, while struggling with my PhD thesis at Nagoya University, I seriously thought my time was up...

After all, my lifeline said it, and I felt like 'knocking out' then...

But luckheee me... I am still dribbling the ball today...

There was this story... perhaps some of you might have heard it before...

A young man (or a young woman, if you prefer) with a rather short lifeline was very worried that he would die soon.

Like you and me, he wanted to live long, of course...

And he thought of a 'smart' way to do so...

He took a knife and carved over his lifeline, lengthening it towards the wrist area...

He died soon after...

Reason?

The contaminated knife...

Moral of the story... can't fight against fate... (?)