Wednesday, June 22, 2005

BLOGGING'S PLEASURE...

Was once asked why I keep a blog...

Yesterday, I received an email from an old friend in UK.

We were prefects together in 1977/78 at Sultan Abdul Hamid College in Alor Star.

I was happy as a cuckoo bird...

Prior to this, I had the honor and pleasure to received numerous emails from folks in US, Australia, Canada, South Africa, Singapore, and of course Malaysia.

I was particularly thrilled to hear from a guy who married a Malay lady, a true life Sepet, as he said.

He offered to take me for some Kajang satay when I return for a holiday... wooh...

Got into chatting because one of my first puppy loves was a charming Malay girl who lived opposite my house.

I used to time the departure from my house to coincide with her walking out of her house, and pretended as if it was a mere coincidence...

The ten minutes or so of walking her to her school was... what could I say, except that I wish it were ten kilometers of walking...

Anyway, puppy love is puppy love... gaaahhh...

The last I heard of her was she was happily married with kids... and living amongst the concrete jungles of Kay El...

The PPS bash tomorrow... actually, I am secretly hoping that I could join the crowd... but no way lah, because of work commitments...

Would be a bonus if they can hold future meets in August to coincide with my balik-kampong days...

Anyway, I wish PPS, success...