Monday, September 13, 2010

Cybercafe-ing in KL Chinatown...

Am facing this major problem whenever I return to Malaysia...
I am simply unable to communicate... in Mandarin...
The noodle hawker charges me in Mandarin...
The taxi man asks me where I am going, in Mandarin...
The bank teller asks me how much I want to withdraw, in Mandarin...
The little ones, particularly the nieces and nephews, and their even-littler ones...
They speak to me in Mandarin...
And I go blurrr... errr... errr...
My youngert brother talks to his wife in Hokkien...
She talks to their kids in Mandarin...
Their dad talks to the kids in our funny-funny dialect...
They respond in Mandarin... oh my...
Ahh, as I have reminded myself a million times before, I have to master this language...
Soon... or else...
Am now in Chow Kit, just a stone's throw from Legend Hotel, where we are putting up for the night...
Shall be returning to Japan tomorrow... whoopeee...
When you are away from your sweet-sweet home for two weeks, you long to return...
Even though the temperatures there continue to ossillate around 35 degrees...