Friday, September 10, 2010

Cyber space invades heart of village in Kedah

This post could as well be titled 'Bike riding and eating too much in Alor Star'...
Am now vacationing in my 'ancestoral' village in Kedah...
The paddy harvesting has begun some days ago, and today being Hari Raya, work has stopped for the time being... and ah, the fragrance emitting from the fermenting soil in the fields...
Yes, being the perenial hungry ghost, I am doing what I did in Chiang Mai: bike riding and eating too much, that is...

Been wolloping the noodles, fruits, and kuehs as if there is no tomorrow...
A first experience was the lemang... tasted good actually...
And durians, being the fanatic me... ooh...
Mee Abu never fails to make the list...
My missus said that they now appear to use corn starch rather than potatoes for the mee rebus gravy...
She actually found a lump of the corn starch that was not well mixed and dissolved.
The koay teow beehoon goreng was superb, though...

Ah, the title of the post...
Was pleasantly surprised to see my niece tapping on the laptop this time...
Had never imagined the intrusion of cyberspace into my kampong this early...
This post is thus notable in that, it is the very first post to be uploaded in my kampong...
Prior to returning to Alor Star, we spent a week at Tioman...
We scuba dived, relaxed and watched the days go by...
Alor Star offers a cool respite from the heat at Takamatsu where temperatures continue to hit 35 or 36 degrees... and no rain...
My vegetables and fruit plants must be all dead and dried up... oh oh...

Meanwhile, was quite surprised to be 'identified' by Sun, an occasional reader of my blog here in Alor Star...
Now, that means I can't be going around doing unsavory things in public any more, things such as burping after a meal, or letting off gas from the behind after gulping down the durians...

Ah, cyber space in the kampong... unbelievable as it is, it makes it more difficult for me to escape from work, even during my vacation... sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment