Monday, March 17, 2008

Kedahans to wear songkoks?

A good buddy who has lived outside of Malaysia as long as I do joked as follows...

'Kedah fell to PAS. Does this mean that all Kedahans have to now wear their beards long, shave their heads and wear a songkok?'

Well, am not so sure about shaving my head but I have been sporting a goatee for decades...now I just need to shave or trim less... and almost twenty years ago, a Malay pal gave me a songkok, which I have worn on numerous occasions albeit in Japan...

So, no problems whatsoever with this Kedahan...

In fact, I welcome PAS to the new position and expect them to do a good job at governing Kedah, for that is what citizens elected them for...

At least, unlike the newly dethroned party, PAS extols itself as driven by religious principles...

Jokes aside, if PAS intends to install Islamic codes to punish criminals, we would first have the pleasure of seeing many of the corrupted officials limbless...

Anyone seen that never-utilized, monstrous bridge that was built to connect to a no-man's island off the Yan coastal area?

I hope PAS will punish those scoundrels responsible for wasting such funds...

Having said that, I'd be lying if I say I have completely no worries about Kedah being inadvertently turned into a more religious state... in particular, the duality of the civil and religious laws...

But let us see, as what is there to worry... the world is watching and citizens now know the real strength of their vote...

If PAS tries to play games, citizens can always tell them to go and fly kites...

I'd expect PKR to be waiting at the wings...

On another front, the latest news on Kedah...

'All documents from the offices of the Mentri Besar and executive councillors in Kedah have gone missing. There is not a single paper left in all the offices'...

Fifty years of uninterrupted control by those newly dethroned rascals... they certainly think that public documents and such are their private property...

I am waiting quite eagarly to see what happens next...

No comments:

Post a Comment