Friday, March 11, 2011

Ready to head home to earthquake-struck Japan...

Am spending the final night of my US trip here in San Francisco...

But oh dear, the huge earthquake that just struck north-eastern Japan...
At 8.4 on the Ritcher scale... apparently one of the top five strongest earthquakes recorded...
Tsunamis of up to 7 meters sweeping across the land...
The immense debris, the floating cars, torn houses, overturned boats, flooded cities, and burning oil refineries...

Throughout my residence in Japan, I have never seen anything quite like these before...

I hope the damage will not be too widespread... and that the tsunami will not cause other nations much damage as it is doing to Japan...

Also, hope Haneda International Airport where I am flying through on 13th, will not be closed...

But oh oh, a tsunami watch for US west coast was just announced...
A tsunami might come to the US west coast at around 8:00 am tomorrow, local time...

Oh oh... oh oh...