Monday, April 30, 2007

SELF PORTRAIT



Had to apply for a visa to enter the US... (story coming up next post)

Needed to send in one picture with very specific measurements...

The size of the head, the position, the background... the distance of the eyes from the bottom of the picture...

Face must not be looking sideways, ears must be exposed... etc...

Took my own portrait in my office, using makeshift material like the whiteboard for background...

After a few shots of the plain, look-straight-into-the-lens pictures, I began to break all the rules...

Pic was taken with natural light... on auto release...



Which brings me to a pic of another 'self-portrait' (heh heh) I took at Roach Reefs...

This friendly Harlequin sweetlips was just hovering over a coral head...

And refusing to go away even as I clicked on and on...

Model size was about 50 centimeters...

Distance between model and photographer was about one meter...

The time of that dive was early evening, and I think the guy was trying to settle down for the night...

Wooh... am itching all over now... need to drop myself into the water soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment