Wednesday, August 16, 2006

BICYCLING IN THE HEAT OF SUMMER

Been cycling to work continuously, everyday... for the past two weeks or so...

My 'policy' is, as long as there is no rain, I shall be cycling and not driving...

However, bicycling 20 kilometers per way in the heat of the Japanese summer is not really a joke, as I am discovering now...

At about midway, I have to pause to take a drink to avoid dehydration...

As well as to give my bum a break from the not-very-comfy bike seat...

In this heat, it doesn't take me ten minutes of cycling to start sweating...

When I reach my office an hour and fifteen minutes later, my clothes are all soaked...

Man, I could be mistaken for wearing a wet suit...

Once in the office, the door gets locked as I slowly chill down before changing to a fresh set of clothes....

Then, it's work, and work...

On the return trip, I change back to the dried-up-by-now 'wet-suit'...

Upon reaching home about an hour later, pooh... maximum sweat...

Might just consider purchasing a Honda 125 Liter off-road motorbike...

But then, if I decide to commute by motorbike, I lose out on the cycling exercise...

Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment