Friday, June 09, 2006

F.F.G.G... Fat, Forty-ish, Grey and Glasses

Way back in April 1987, yours truly found himself in Hiroshima University attending a very exhilarating six-month intensive Japanese Language course...

We were 23 students, mainly from 'developing' countries...

Indonesia, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia on this side of the world, and Uruguay, Mexico, Panama, Ecuador on the other side of the world...did I miss any?

It was a lovely period of my life, I'd say, spending loads of time yakking and picnicking with those buddies at Hiroshima Peace Park...

Those memories will stay on... I am sure...

Of the 22, two of them do keep contact with me... ladies, both of them... luckheee!

Recently, one of them dropped me an email...

Said the lady...

'Lrong, I checked your pix (blog). Beautiful. Not you, but the homestead. Truly beautiful. And you fraud, you haven't changed a bit. Don't suppose 'P' (the other lady, that is) has either. So I'll be the only one who is F&F/G&G. Didn't know you were a fisherman. Always thought you were a farmer.'

F.F.G.G... Fat, Forty-ish, Grey and Glasses, that is...

Hahaahaaaa... actually, me too... FFGG... and soon, although still an 'F', I will graduate into the Fifties...

She is right that I was always a farmer, at least in my soul... only that I am also an occasional fisherman these days... heeee....

And oh, if you allow me to brag a little bit, one of the Hiroshima-23 is now an ambassador of his country...

Woooh... now, what am I doing here in a university?

No comments:

Post a Comment