Thursday, March 09, 2006

CRUISING THE NEIGHBORHOOD

Cycled to work today again...

Oooh my eyes... teary teary... and my nose... running non-stop...

It is the season of hay fever!! Archuuung!!!

Last Sunday was the first time that I managed to take time off to check out the neighborhood.

It was a lovely day... almost no wind, the skies... so blue, the seas, calm, and the waters so clear...

I felt good to be reminded that the sea, the beach, is merely a five-minute walk from my home...

When the temperatures rise, I shall be at the beach, frolicking for sure...

Had a good look at the surrounding (rather grand) houses built mainly for holiday-making...

Big terraces overlooking the sea... wide glass windows...

Neat gardens of vegetables and flowers...

Very pretty indeed...

Nearby was a mansion on top of a hill perched out into the sea... for sale at just about 3 million dollars?

We cycled through the quaint little farm roads, passing by streams trickling with precious little water... birds a-singing...

And gazed at pleasure boats and ferries plying the routes...

Back home, I pruned the two totally leaf-less persimmon trees...

Inadvertently discovered two average-sized sakura trees amidest some other 'less-precious' trees...

Over-pruned one healthy, green tree (called 'nezumi no mochi no ki' or rat's glutinous rice tree) as the night fell...

Next day at work, got a call from my better half...

She had a big shock upon seeing the naked branches of that once healthy and green rat's glutinous rice tree...

She lost her apetite for lunch that day...

Regret, regret...

Pray that the nezumi tree will soon sprout new branches and leaves as I originally expected...

Took some pictures of the blooming red and white plum flowers in the garden...

The vegetables and rape flowers as well...

To think that just about half a year ago, we lived, cramped and cluttered in a pigeonhole...

I intend to cherish life, my dear friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment