Friday, July 15, 2005

A DAY WITH MS. OHO

Been doing this for more than ten years now...

Once again, the same veteran doctor, albeit balding more than last year, but luckily not spewing bad breath as in last year...

He mumbled the usual gibberish to his assistant as he peeped through my fangs...

Ichi go da da da... San ni ichi da da... Ni ni yon ichii ichii...

He was done in about ten minutes.

'No problems with your teeth; the Oral Hygiene Officer (for brevity, shall I say OHO?) shall attend to you now'.

This is the part I like most...

The OHO is usually a young lady, sometimes good looking, and usually with no bad breath...

This time, the OHO was indeed a young lady, good looking, and yoh, no bad breath...

She invited me to take my shoes off and then to lie down on the horizontal bed.

Eeeeeiiii....

As always, the OHO was most gentle and professional.

I usually close my eyes, resting, and enjoying the tender attention...

She visually checked my teeth...

I was a bit worried about gingivitis...

Just then, Ms. OHO softly whispered into my right ear that she was going to check for gingivitis...

Eeeeeiiii....

I could feel some sharp instrument sliding into my gums...

As if on reflex, I arched my backbone upwards...

She then said she was going to clean my teeth with some kind of electric brush...

The 'weeeeee' sounds of the drill...

It's impossible not to go 'yeeeeeiiii...' upon hearing that drill...

I could occasionally feel her torso delicately pressing against my balding head as she reached for that molar...

The whole procedure took about 30 minutes...

I wished it took longer...

After gargling and washing my mouth, we sat at a different room.

She had two diagrams showing the stages of gingivitis.

Stage one is the 'best', and stage five is when the teeth start dropping off.

Mine is between stage one and two... yeeeaaah, thank god for that...

Paid 2410 yen (about 80 ringgit) for this service, which is 30% of the cost.

The rest is covered by insurance.

Can't wait for my next annual leh...

PS: Been busy like a doggo lately. Due to shoot to Osaka in a few hours time... Maybe drop by Dotonburi to fill up on my cholesterol quota...

No comments:

Post a Comment